Self-confidence is something that people find difficult to have. There are people who find low self-confidence influences the way they see themselves and their performance. Contrary to what most people think, self-confidence is not something that only the gifted and blessed could have. With the help of personal mastery, individuals could now start building on their self-confidence.
Personal mastery is about self-development and self-improvement. It is about loving yourself and accepting yourself as you are. You need to acknowledge your weaknesses and at the same time strengthen them. Personal mastery is about loving yourself.
To attain personal mastery and confidence, it is important to believe in yourself. It is also important to be content with yourself. To develop self-confidence, self-acceptance should occur. Self-acceptance is about accepting not only the good things in life but also the failures in life.
Aside from self-acceptance what else can you do to achieve self-confidence through personal mastery?
- Understanding thoughts and emotions- forgetting about a bad habit or behaviour would make us more aware of thoughts and emotions. By becoming aware of our emotions and behaviour, then we will be able to overcome and correct our behaviour. But once you have decided to change habits and behavior, there are different strategies and methods that you can do gain mastery over them.
- Self-discipline. Changing attitude and behavior, or even perspective might take a while. Change does not happen overnight. You need to gather enough knowledge and start learning and practicing the skills that you would like to improve and develop.
- Have a clear vision of what you want to happen in your life. To be able to move forward in your life, then it is important to have clarity. Seeing what you want to have in a clearer image would encourage you to work for it..
- The choice is yours. You can choose what you want to experience. Doing something important for you and something you love, would give you enough confidence to continue with what you have started.
- Commitment and trust. To be able to attain personal mastery for development and growth, you need to trust that you can undergo the process and commit yourself to the process.
When developing self-confidence through personal mastery, we would have to develop some characteristics. We would develop self-awareness, which is about our readiness to look at our past, and accept it and the same goes for the present. Aside from this, we also develop self-knowledge which is about understanding our past and our attitude. Not only should we understand them but also be able to comprehend the basis for such attitudes or experiences. Last, we develop self-discipline. Self-discipline is about how we make sure that our goals and vision are translated into action and achieved. We need the self-discipline to make sure that we do not back out just because of simple and little disappointments and setbacks.
Building self-confidence can’t be done in just a snap. Self-improvement can be a never-ending process. There are people who even acknowledge that self-improvement can last even for a lifetime. Sometimes, we can only say that we are fully masterful of our life if we have reached our dreams and goals. Personal mastery can help us with growth and eventually with success. We just need to continue with our dreams and be patient.